Friday, December 27, 2019

♡ What I Got For Christmas 2019 ♡

Hello everyone, it's been a while! >< 


Occasionally I get the inspiration to write on here again, and now is one of those times; I can't promise that I'll continue after the next few posts that I have planned, but one can always hope!

Firstly, Merry (late) Christmas! I hope those of you who celebrated had a nice time with your loved ones 
♡ I really love the holiday season and always look forward to it, this year was no exception (though I do feel like it passed by really quickly!)

I'm really happy and thankful about all the gifts I received this year, and since I always like seeing what other people got (and for my own reference, since I like looking back at what I got in years past), I thought I would post a little Christmas haul! I'm very thankful to my family for always getting me such thoughtful gifts 
Let's start!





My absolute favourite makeup brand is Jill Stuart-- both for the beautiful packaging, and the amazing quality! I got a lovely blusher/highlight duo, as well as a really pretty dark red lipstick~ I haven't used any Jill Stuart lip products before (and I have yet to try this out), but I've heard good things about them! I've been wanting a nice dark red lipstick for a while, and I thought the colour of this one was so pretty~ (Plus, the flowers on the cap lift off to reveal a small mirror- how cute and useful!)


In the realm of beauty/self-care type things, I also got some nice bath products! The apples are both from Lush; the silver one is a soap, and the big white one is their "So White" bath bomb~ I got one a few years ago and really loved it, so I'm looking forward to using this one! The salt block should also be nice, it smells like lavender and is so fragrant~


I'm not sure how well the print is visible on this, but I got this gorgeous ginkgo-leaf patterned shift nightgown from the Australian shop Papinelle, which makes the most beautiful sleepwear! It's made of silk and feels so divine, I can't wait to wear it 


I have several cookbooks from LEON (their "happy salads" and "happy soup" ones), and I was overjoyed to see this "Happy Curries" one!! Curry is one of my absolute favourite foods and this book has a lot of really nice recipes, I'm looking forward to making things from it! I also got this beautiful Cardcaptor Sakura collector's edition, which I've been wanting for the longest time because it's just too pretty ;v; To tell the truth I've never actually read Cardcaptor Sakura, so I'm looking forward to reading this iconic magical girl manga!



This is possibly one of my favourite gifts-- Rammstein's book of piano versions of their songs! Rammstein has been one of my favourite bands since I was very young and I wanted this book for ages, but they stopped making it rather quickly after its initial release 4 years ago ;-; They recently rereleased it however, yay! It's such a beautiful book of sheet music (and it comes with a CD too!). I have yet to start learning anything from it, but I'm excited to do so~


We slowly move on to somewhat more miscellaneous items, with this lovely bottle of gin! Gin is without a doubt my favourite spirit and I'm always interested in trying different blends of herbs; this one is definitely very unique! It has acai, which stands out very prominently in the flavour profile. I don't think I've ever tried anything quite like this!


To some of you this might seem a bit boring, but I've wanted these double-walled glasses for ages, I just thought they looked so pretty! The nice thing about them is that the double layer of glass provides a lot of insulation so that your drink stays warm and so that your hands don't burn~ 


Some small things; cute nail polish with heart-shaped glitter, and some nice relaxing aromatherapy gel~


Lastly, some sweets! 

Again, I'm very grateful for everything my family got me; and I look forward to using it all 

Lastly, is a Christmas gift to myself! Some of you might know that I recently started working, and with my first paycheck I decided to buy myself something I've wanted for a while: a Vivienne Westwood wallet!


My mum got a similar one last year for Christmas and it held up very well over the course of the past year, so I could tell that it was nice quality and decided to make the plunge and purchase it ^^ It came in the mail the day after Christmas-- perfect timing! I love it so much and can't wait to use it; I've never had such a nice wallet and all the details in it are just so perfect 


Thank you for reading! I hope you liked seeing the things I got; I always love reading/watching/seeing people's holiday hauls~
See you in my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥