Monday, December 16, 2013

December 2013 Ipsy Bag Review~ (And New Hair Color!)

Heyy pretty gals~
My Ipsy bag came in the mail today! Was a nice start to the week~
The bag this month is pretty c:
I'm not going to get into a huge review of each and every item because I think it's unnecessary, however I'll give a quick description of each thing, as well as my opinion. Let's start!

Blush/Eye color/Lip color
Unfortunately, this was my least favorite product of the bunch. Which is a shame :/
The color is way too vivid to use as a blush (only one short swipe of it left a huge amount of color, making it look very artificial), and though I haven't tried it on my lips yet, it looks too glittery and dry to be comfortable. Which is a shame.
Be A Bombshell 'The One Stick' in flustered ($16)
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Miracle ($4)
The other lip product was NYX's Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Miracle, which they describe to be a blue-toned pink with gold shimmer. This is actually a decent lipstick (affordable too), though the color sadly isn't for me. I might consider repurchasing this later on though, in some other shade (since this doesn't suit me all that well.) It does apply nicely though.

Eyeshadow
Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in 'Smokin' Hot' (Approx. $8)
This set of three eye-shadows is part of a larger palette of 10. There were actually two different trio's available, so I was disappointed to get this one since silver isn't exactly my color, but oh well. The pigmentation is decent, but since I wasn't very thrilled about the colors, I can't say I love this much.

Lashes
Andrea Modlash Strip Lashes in No. 33 ($4)
They're lashes. What's they're to stay about them. Not particularly natural looking, but I don't wear false lashes anyways, so, their natural-ness is irrelevant. They do look not too bad though.

Nail Polish
Starilly Nail Polish In 'Bzzz Bzzz' ($5)
I thought I would strongly dislike this, however it actually looks pretty cute. Glitter is a pain to get off, but that's ok x3 I like the nail polish (it is a miniature sized bottle however, so it doesn't contain all that much product)
1 layer of the polish. Glittery!
This has been a shortish post. But I don't really have all that much to say about these products so... ta-ta!
Here's a pic of me wearing all the products included in this month's Ipsy Bag~
Also... I dyed my hair! For the winter I decided to go for something more winter-y, so I chose a pretty chocolate brown color. It doesn't show all that well in this photo, but you'll see later on. Hope you guys like it ^.^
Bye~

3 comments:

  1. I love your new hair color! The red was nice, but it's not a bad idea to change things up depending on the season. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all are full size omg o_o too bad you don't like most of it though! with your skintone, i think greys will look good on you ;) your new hair color looks so nice btw

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks really great with your skin tone! I'm sorry about the bag, haha. Kind of a bummer, there. The polish is really cute, though!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥