Saturday, May 5, 2018

♡ Berries and a Quiet Day ♡

To the very few people who still read this blog... hi!
I know I say this every time I come back to write a post... I'm sorry it's been a while ;-;
And yet again-- I really really want to write more. But today I came to the realization that I don't write very much because it just takes so much effort. I realized that lately, all I had been writing were reviews... and those take quite a bit of work! Taking photos, describing the item, describing how it works... there's quite a process to it and it just doesn't feel too creative as it all follows a very similar pattern, and I think that's why I'm often unmotivated to post...
So, I think in addition to the occasional review, I want to have more casual posts! More of a photo/diary style, where I can talk about my days, what I did, etc. Just more about my life, more in depth than what I can write in my short Instagram posts/stories.
I'm not sure if this will actually be interesting to anyone, but it's the type of writing I like to do (and the types of blogs I enjoy reading)!
So with that, I'll begin today's more casual post


I've finally finished up my semester (had my last final exam on Thursday), and today I thought I would drive myself to Whole Foods! It's a bit strange, but I really love just wandering the aisles of interesting grocery stores, looking at the pretty foods-- and for that reason I like Whole Foods quite a bit :>
However... I really don't like driving. Despite having my car for over a year, and driving multiple times a week... it's something that still makes me anxious. I've gotten used to the road to my school, and to my favourite nearby cafes... but that's about it. But today, my desire for something yummy at Whole Foods outweighed my fear, and I decided to drive myself! (I'm sure this all sounds very silly and trivial for most of you... but it ended up being a nice day!)


My eye has been a bit irritated for the past few days, and although it was a bit better today, I decided to not take the chance by wearing lenses and so I built an outfit around my red glasses ^^ 
Lacy Cherry Berry
Dress: Ank Rouge
Cardigan: Liz Lisa
Bag: Thrifted
Shoes: Melissa
I didn't have much I wanted to get at Whole Foods-- it was mostly just a desire to look around/have some tasty food that drove me to go there ^^

At the entrance they always have really beautiful flowers that I love taking a bit of time to look at... but unfortunately they're always quite overpriced ;v;
They had some lovely smelling dried lavender!
There was also this pretty bunch of flowers in their 'filler' basket (the sorts of flowers you get to add along with other bouquets-- but honestly these flowers are my favourite since they're cheap and remind me of the sorts of flowers a forest fairy would collect!)
I hadn't seen these before, and decided to get them~
At home I put them in a small vase, and I thought they looked quite cute! I think the shape of the flowers on them is so pretty ^^


Another interesting find was... fiddleheads!
If you've never had fiddleheads before, they're essentially the coiled up bit of a certain type of fern, before it's fully unfurled. I've had them only once before, and actually haven't seen them since moving to Florida, so I was really surprised when I saw these! They are a bit pricey, but I think that makes sense given that they have a short harvest time, and essentially all have to be gathered by hand ^^" (and they aren't farmed either, they're only foraged!)
Aren't they just beautiful? I'm really looking forward to cooking and eating them!

I also got this pretty loaf of bread (oh gosh I'm sorry if this is turning into the dullest thing ever-- but I had never seen bread like this before! The top bit where the dough was folded over was delightfully crunchy~)

I then went to their cake section, to choose out a small sweet treat for myself! It was a bit difficult, since everything they have looks so delicious ♡ The cakes/cupcakes with the flower piping are so beautiful!


In the end I chose myself a small raspberry pistachio chantilly tartlet, which I'll show in a little bit~

I've heard many good things about the Whole Foods salad bar, and decided to finally try it out, since I've always wanted to!
I ended up making a mix of pea shoots and various roasted vegetables (plus a few cashews), and it was quite tasty! Really nourishing-- I love salads with roasted vegetables (though honestly I just love roasted vegetables).

I got myself a cappuccino to enjoy with my little tartlet, both were so tasty!
I really love their small pastries, and this one was no exception~ Inside the crisp pastry shell was delicious lightly-sweetened cream, topped with fresh juicy raspberries, and pistachios! So yummy ♡

Once I got home the rest of the day was quite uneventful ^^"
But on the whole, it was a lovely and relaxing day~
I finished my evening by taking a bubble bath with the remainder of my Lush "Baa Bar" bubble bar, a sheet mask, and milk and honey (my mum got it for me a few days ago-- I've always wanted to read it!)

(My skin has been giving me a bit of trouble lately-- but this mask helped a bit! It was sort of a clay mask crossed with a sheet mask, and it left my skin feeling much better).
For the most part it was a lovely relaxing day, and a good start to the weekend ♡

Sorry if this isn't the sort of post that interests you, but I have missed writing, and I think I'll do this sort of casual post more often ^^ For example, I really want to write a summary of the Boston trip I took back in December, it was really a lovely trip and I would love to 'relive' it in a way by writing about it~
Anyways, I wish you all a wonderful and restful weekend ♡
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥