Wednesday, April 11, 2018

♡ Hazel Lucifer Ice II Circle Lens Review ♡

Hello my dears! 
Today I return to you with another circle lens review, which as usual, is thanks to Klenspop! I get pretty much all of my lenses from them, and I highly recommend them if you are looking for a place to get circle lenses from! They have a really big selection, and often have really good prices, so I'm sure you will be able to find something to suit the look you are looking for ♡
The lenses I will be reviewing today are the Lucifer Ice II Circle Lenses in the Hazel colour! I've actually owned and reviewed these lenses in the past, in both the grey and pink colours (though curiously, the pink ones had a different name, even though it was the same brand and the same design..?)
Anyways, let's begin!

I'm really fond of the design of the Lucifer Ice lenses! I think the sharp peaks of colour bring a lot of attention to the eyes, however I think they still manage to look (somewhat) natural! 
These lenses are manufactured by the lens brand EOS, which is a fairly large and reputable Korean circle lens brand. These lenses currently retail for $18 USD on Klenspop, and they have a 6 month shelf life. The graphic diameter on these is 14 mm, which is large enough to give an enlarging effect, but not so large that you look like an alien! I've been gravitating towards larger lenses lately, so this sort of design really appeals to me~

With all that out of the way, let's get on to the most important part of any circle lens review: try on photos!
natural light


dim light

natural light + flash
I'm not sure whether its the lenses matching my eye colour very well, or whether they just aren't very pigmented, but I didn't find much of a colour change with these! Aside from the stark outline around my iris, and a few small darker peaks, these didn't do too much to my eye colour. This can be considered a good or a bad thing I suppose, based on the look you're going for! Personally I don't like lenses that very strongly change the color of my eye (especially when it comes to brown lenses, since I think having different shades of brown on my eyes looks odd), so I do like that these blend in with my iris to give a very sharp, but still natural look. Perhaps if someone had lighter eyes, these would look a bit more noticeable!
As usual with lenses, taking a photo with the camera flash on brings out the colours best. Here's a comparison between regular natural lighting, and then natural lighting with flash.

Overall, I quite like the design of these lenses! They enhance my eyes without looking too unnatural, and as such are quite wearable for the sort of look I go for on a daily basis.
Here are some full-face photos so you can see how they look from afar~





In regards to comfort, these are quite comfortable! I didn't experience any dryness or discomfort when using them, however since they do have a fairly large diameter, I wouldn't suggest wearing these for prolonged lengths of time. I generally put my lenses in in the morning, and take them out when I return from school, so I wear them for a maximum length of 7 hours. 
Overall, I quite recommend these lenses!
I think the design is very pretty, and despite being somewhat enlarging, they don't look too unnatural. Although the colors blend in quite well with my eyes, the dark outer ring brings a nice look of definition and sharpness, bringing a lot of attention to the eyes. These are quite comfortable too, and are one of the pairs I wear most frequently out of all the lenses that I have! I hope to try more lenses from this series in the future, since the design is very pretty.

I hope you found this review helpful! Thank you once again to Klenspop for providing me the lenses to review ♡
Thank you so much for reading, and I will see you in my next post! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥