Saturday, May 12, 2018

♡ Etude House Cherry Blossom Edition Glass Tinting Lipstick Review ♡

Hello my sweet cherry blossoms ♡
I feel as though it's been quite a while since I've done a makeup review!
However, I recently got a new lipstick that is possibly one of the most beautiful things I own, so I just had to review it!
If you follow the world of Korean cosmetics, you might know that the brand Etude House recently released a cherry blossom collection!
This collection features a blurring primer (which if I'm not mistaken, is just a repackaging of one of their usual products?), two eyeshadow palettes, and six lipstick shades. The fun thing is, that you can choose the case your lipstick goes with! I think this is a really cute idea, and it's my first time seeing this sort of thing from a brand other than Paul and Joe (another really cute brand)!
I instantly fell in love with one of the lipstick shades and one of the cases... so naturally I had to buy it! 
And so today, I thought I'd do a small review of it, since it's really such a beautiful product ^^
Let's begin!

Firstly, I ordered the lipstick from this listing on eBay-- I was a bit worried about the possibility of fakes out there, however this store has really high ratings and is based in Korea, so I wasn't too worried about it. However, it's something always want to be on the watch for-- eBay often has fakes, so be careful and look at the seller's reviews before you buy anything!
When ordering, you need to buy both a lipstick 'cartridge' as well as a case-- you'll see why in a bit.
In any case, both items arrived in really cute small boxes (I always find it so hard to throw these away, but there's no reason to keep them around unfortunately ;v; )
Firstly: the case!
For those of you who know me at least a bit, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I chose the most pastel and delicate looking one of the bunch! I think the baby blue looks so cute with the pale pink ♡

The case is sturdily made, and looks even more pretty in person than in photos! The lid also snaps on quite securely, so I don't think there's any danger of it possibly coming off in your purse ^^
... I don't have much else to say about it-- it is just a case, after all!

For the lipstick, I went with the only sheer option of the lot-- the shade PK009 "Glass Tinting Lipstick" (the other five shades are quite a bit darker in colour, and seem to be opaque)
All the shades from the series

This is a really sheer pink, with lots of glitter in it! The reason I went for this color is because there's a lipstick I've quite wanted from Guerlain that's quite similar (their 'La Petite Robe Noir Deliciously Shiny Lipstick' in the shade 'My First Lipstick'). This, however, is considerably cheaper, and with considerably cuter packaging, so I got it without a second thought!

The lipstick 'cartridge' comes in a small metal tube, which you just pop into the case! I suppose you could just use it without the case if you were really determined... but the case makes it much more convenient. The bullet comes covered with a clear plastic lid (for added safety, I presume), which you then remove once you've placed it into the actual case.
It snaps in really easily, thankfully!
Ta-dah! 
Here I'm showing the lipstick extruded as much as possible-- it's a fair amount of product given the price, I think! (Plus it's not like I've ever gone through a whole lipstick tube, so the amount isn't that important to me...)
The colour appears just as it does in the stock photos, and the bullet is actually cherry-blossom shaped! Despite the unusual shape, it's no more difficult to apply than a regular lipstick. (Because of the Florida heat I was a bit worried that it would melt out of shape... thankfully that didn't happen!)
It has a very gentle sakura fragrance, and is very moisturizing! The glitter is very subtle however, and I didn't even notice a pink shade when I swatched several times, so it's a very understated lipstick ^^"
If you look close enough you'll see two lines of glitter- the top is with one pass of the lipstick, and the bottom one is with three. Not very noticeable... ^^"
On the lips I found that it showed up at least a little bit more-- you can certainly see the sparkles!

 Both of these were taken with just one swipe of the product!
The formula of this lipstick is really creamy and moisturizing, and the glitter particles are small enough that it doesn't feel grainy in the slightest-- it just makes my lips feel super soft!
I think this would look really pretty layered over a lip tint, for a cute girly touch! (I think it's probably meant to be worn over top of something else, but I think I'll end up wearing it by itself most of the time because it's really low maintenance and moisturizing!)
And now of course, some selcas. I think that despite the lack of strong colour, the lipstick does bring a cute hint of glitter to my lips!


Overall I'm really happy with this lipstick! I think it's so cute, and it's definitely worth the price (I think it ended up being around $13 USD?)
I'm very tempted to purchase another... but honestly my lipstick collection is much too big ;v; The only shade that stands out to me is the dusty pink one, but I already have too many dusty pink shades >< Ahh, oh well ;v;
In any case, I hope you found this review to be helpful, if you're considering getting this lipstick for yourself! I think it's such a beautiful series, and it's one of my favourite things Etude House has released in a long time! I'd really recommend getting it, before it sells out! Unfortunately three of the case designs are already sold out on the listing I linked, but all the other products are still available, so I suggest getting it while you can!

Honestly a lot of their stuff has looked quite... boring... recently, and in the past several years I just haven't seen many designs that were like the ones that made me initially fall in love with the brand :( So, this was a nice little reminder of the past, when Etude House actually made cutesy girly things ;v;

All that aside:
Thank you so much for reading! ♡ Please let me know in the comments if there's anything you're wondering about that I might not have addressed here.
Wishing you a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!(❀^ ^)✧・゚: ✧・゚:*♡
    The lip stick is precious and I love how it's actually shaped like sakura! The case you got is so sweet and pretty~♥*♡+:。.(^w^)
    I find it fascinating how they come separately! Like maybe if you used it up, you could just buy a refill! What a cool idea!
    And it looks lovely on you!♡ It looks so sheer and confutable to wear. I agree a lip tint would look cute with it as well! (*^ ^*)♥*♡+:。.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the cutest! I'm so happy I found it ♡
      I think it's a really good idea that they sell the cartridges and the cases separately! I hadn't noticed before, but they actually have done this sort of thing before so they have a lot of lipstick refills ^^ If I happen to ever run out of this, I'll definitely buy another! ♡
      Aww and thank you! I think it's so pretty, even though it's so subtle ♡

      Delete

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥