Friday, February 14, 2014

February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag!

First of all: Happy valentines day loves! Even if you're single (like me), I still think it's a fun holiday to celebrate with friends~ Hope you enjoyed yours!

Also, today I received my February Ipsy glam bag, which was a bit of a surprise considering how it doesn't usually come until the 15th. So, it was a nice Valentines day present, and I decided to do a review of it since Valentines day and all~
The bag is boring, but the inside is cute and pink leopard print (I forgot to take a photo :c)
Time for individual reviews~

Hair Mask
This is the only product which I haven't tried out yet, due to the fact that I'm afraid of doing anything deep conditioning to my recently dyed hair. I've noticed that when I do anything that strongly conditions my hair, a lot more than usual of the color washes out, and I don't want to do that just yet.
The packaging it came in (it's only trial sized, after all)
NuMe Intense Renewal Hair Mask: 20 mL (about $3 Value)
I don't have much to say about this, aside from the fact that the scent is very nice. I'm a bit scared to try it out, but once I do I'll update this. Now, moving on~

Nail Polish
Zoya!
I was so incredibly happy to see that the nail polish brand in this month's bag was Zoya. I love Zoya nail polishes, but since they're a bit expensive for me, I never get them outside of Ipsy bags.
Zoya Nail Polish in 'Odette'- $9
This polish is a very pretty orchid maroon color from their recent 'Naturel Rose Tone Nudes' collection. I can't say that this one is nude, but it is dull (not in a bad way). It looks natural, that is, if having natural purple nails is your thing. I do think it looks nice though.
Only one layer of the polish- I was too lazy to do two.
It's a nice color, and a fairly versatile one. I'll probably wear it often.

Blush
City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon- $3
This is the cheapest priced, cheapest quality blush I think I've ever encountered. Not that it's a bad thing, though. It's huge- close to 9 grams of product. I can't see myself ever using it up, considering that it's very pigmented when on my face. Aside from that though, it's a nice, apricot color.
Or, as they say, "Fresh Melon". Melons in my experience have been either orange or green; why's it like this? xD
Lip Gloss
Pop beauty Plump Pout Lip Gloss in Peony Petal ($8 Value)
That photo was an unfortunate capture of the color; it's really a lot less red. The swatch on my lips shows it better.
Pardon the badly applied lipstick and strangely opened mouth. I often have trouble applying lipstick because the colored part of my lip doesn't extend to my lip edge, if that makes sense. There's a ridge which I never fill in >_>
It's supposed to be plumping, however I didn't notice all that much of a difference in my lip plumpiness. I do like the color though, and the finish. It's extremely pigmented, so it's more of a lipstick  cream than a lip gloss.

Eye Shadow
Eyetini Cordial Shadow and Base in Spiced Rum- $18
I've noticed that products which are eyeshadows in cream form that act as both a base and as color are becoming more and more popular recently. This one is in a pretty bronze/gold color, and is applied with a doe foot applicator.
Ze applicator~
This is VERY pigmented. Only a little bit is needed for a shimmery base, however more if you want full on color. Some swatches of the previous three items:
The blush is on the far left, lip gloss in the centre, and eye shadow on the right
So yep! I'm quite satisfied with this month's Ipsy bag (with a total product worth of $41). The bags have been getting better for me, so I'm content~
Hope you guys enjoyed your day!
And I'll be back again soon~

1 comment:

  1. oooh zoya nail polish it looks perfect ^^ the lip gloss looks really nice on your lips, I like the color :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥