Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mirukuma Lolita Surprise Review~

Hey dolls!
Today I have a review of a lolita surprise pack that I ordered from Mirukuma! On her (I assume it's a girl) site, she has many various services available. There's a Closet Child shopping service, print reservations, Closet Child Value Packs, and the Lolita Surprise pack which I ordered!
Her super adorable banner ;u;
Mirukuma is one of the few places where you can get a lolita-type subscription service (at least that I know of). I've heard of Genso box, but so far all the reviews I've seen haven't been too positive... This isn't a solely lolita surprise box; there's also candy, and items from other Japanese companies such as Sanrio, San-x, and Swimmer. The box is $38, including shipping, which I think is quite reasonable. You can sign up for it from 1-3 months, after which you have to renew~ 

In the box, you should expect to get at least 1 lolita brand (Angelic Pretty, Innocent World, Victorian Maiden, etc.) item, 1 Japanese brand item, and 2 Japanese sweets. There's a choice between 3 themes: Sweet (brands like Angelic Pretty, BTSSB, etc), Classic (brands like BTSSB, Mary Magdalene, Innocent World, etc.), and Otome (brands like ETC, Q-Pot, and MILK). 

Here's an example of one of the surprise packs that someone has gotten in the past (taken from her site)
AP bracelet, Rilakkuma keychain, and candy~
I saw the photo and I thought that it was super cute, so I decided to try it out for myself~ 
I chose the Classic themed pack, since I'm more into classic lolita than anything else. Here's what I got~ (I took the photo from her site because I forgot to take a photo of everything together ;n;)
Candy :3
I took individual photos of everything and I'll talk about them now~
Baby the Stars Shine Bright Gloves
At first I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw these because honestly, I never wear gloves. These however, are really nice quality~ They seem to be made out of some woolen material, so they're very warm (although a bit itchy). The embroidery is gorgeous, and I think the bunny is so cute ;u; They're my first brand item, and although I'll probably never wear them in a lolita coord, I do love them ^.^
Swimmer Bag
I think the design on this pouch is just so cute ;u; It's made of a sort of plasticy material, so it seems like it'd be water resistant, which is useful I suppose x3 It has 2 pockets on the front and the inside is lined with light pink fabric. I think I'll use this to store makeup I use frequently~ Right now everything's messy on my table and this would be a nice way to organize it~ This is my first piece from Swimmer.
Frozen Marshmallows
I dislike Frozen, but I do love Japanese marshmallows. They're super fluffy and have some sort of fruity filling inside (I think it's pineapple flavor). Very tasty ^.^ And the bag is quite large
Chewy Grape Candy
These are also really delicious. They taste like grape hi-chews, and the texture is quite similar as well. You can pull the little 'grapes' off and eat them c: Although I like eating the entire thing whole as well x3
Country Ma'am White Chocolates
I've never seen anything by this company before (is it a company?) but these are really really good ;u; There aren't too many of them but inside there's a really tasty filling. I can't really place the flavor- it sort of tastes like pie crust? .-. Sort of like spiced graham crackers... I dunno >u< If you ever see them I really suggest that you try them~
Note and candy!
She also included a note on cute Rilakkuma paper, as well as a chocolate hard candy with an adorable bunny on the wrapping ^.^
Random Paul & Jose Spring Collection Poster
I dunno why this was in there... but it is cute :3 I hung it up on my wall. I want those eyeshadows ;u;
So yep! That just about finishes it~ I'm really happy with everything that I got ^_^  Although I'm not sure if I'll order again in the future (mostly because I'm paranoid about receiving the same things), I do think it was a great experience and I highly recommend that you try it. 
Thanks for reading!
Ta-ta lovies~
~Sakura
Have you ever bought any surprise packs?
How was your experience with them?

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a great surprise pack :D I really like the gloves. The Frozen marshmallows look yum ^^
    Celestial Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice! I like the gloves a lot too~ And the marshmallows are super delicious :3

      Delete
  2. So cute! Especially the gloves :3

    Kiyomoi ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all super adorable ^.^ And I love the gloves <3

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh!!!!! I was just thinking about what is the next subscription box I should try! Thank you so much for finding this! I need to try :D
    Kieli~♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm happy it helped you decide what to try next ^.^

      Delete
  4. The contents looked really cute. I'm not really a gloves person either xD
    I might give this subscription box a go, thanks for the post!

    Minae | minaekei.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah gloves can be inconvenient sometimes x3
      You're welcome! I hope you like it if you try it out :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥