Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Althea Petal Velvet Powder Review {Sponsored}~

Hello my lovely flowers!
I was recently contacted by Althea to review their new launch, their Petal Velvet Powder! Althea carries a wide variety of brands, but this was their first product from their own product range, which I think is quite exciting!
Anyway, let's begin!
I was surprised by how large and sturdy the box was that this powder came in! I really commend Althea for their good packaging, it's nice to not have to worry about products getting damaged in transit ^^

I have to say, the packaging for this product was beautiful!

I admit I gasped a bit when I first opened this up, I wasn't expecting it to be so cute, so it was a wonderful surprise! ;v;

(The inside of the box lid had a bit more information about Althea, if you're interested!)


Here's everything that was in the box! I really like the inclusion of the bag of rose petals, the pink feathers, and the plastic instagram-thing, it really makes the whole experience more luxurious!

On to the actual product itself though!

The powder came packaged in a simple, light pink box, with some information in Korean on the back.
There's also more information on the back of the jar, once again in Korean.
This is a loose powder, and comes with a sifter, so it's quite convenient and simple to use!

This powder is only $4.50, and you get 3 grams of product, so it's a very budget-friendly item ^^
It claims to make your skin soft as a flower petal, and to control sebum. The powder is infused with Althea seed oil, so despite the oil control, it doesn't dry your skin out. This powder is also cruelty free, which I really like! I haven't found very many budget-friendly cruelty free brands, so I'm happy that Althea offers this item.

The powder is very soft and velvety, and has a gentle floral scent, which I really like! Although it looks white in the pot, it appears translucent on my skin. However, since I'm very pale, I can't comment on how it would look on darker skin, since I feel like it might have a white-cast on richer skintones.
Let's take a look at how it looks on the skin!

I've been very lazy with makeup lately, and essentially only wear concealer, so for the most part, I apply this product on bare skin.
Before


After


I think this powder does a lovely job of mattifying my skin! It leaves my skin feeling very soft, like a rose petal~ Since it's such a fine powder, it doesn't look cakey, nor does it look too powdery.
I've noticed that by the end of the day, my skin gets a bit oily, but for the most part this powder does a great job at controlling sebum and keeping my skin matte. 
Anyway, here are some more photos of how it looks on my skin, since narcissistic selfies are a must-have :v



Overall, I'm really pleased with this product! Especially given how budget friendly this is. I really recommend this if you're looking for a new setting powder! 
Once again, thank you to Althea for sending this to me for review!
I hope you've found this review helpful, and that maybe you find your new favorite setting powder ^-^
Take care lovelies, I hope you all have a beautiful day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment ^.^
I love hearing from you guys and reading all your comments, they mean a lot to me ♥ I try to answer back to each one as soon as I can~
♥ If you follow me I'll follow back! ♥